Tuesday, March 8, 2011

MDACC - Round 2


During the first few years of my undergrad career, I worked at one of the greatest medical hospitals on this planet, MD Anderson Cancer Center. Since acceptance into DI, I have been researching rotation sites that I believe will benefit me the greatest. I can't help but come back to MDACC every time I research a new site.

At MDACC, I worked mostly in the food service department of nutrition, taking food orders and educating patients on their diet restrictions trying to lightly educate them in the process. I loved my job and stayed here for nearly 2 years before moving on. I spent a brief stent in the ICU checking patient tube feeing products and verifying orders, this was my first look into clinical nutrition.

I am trying to go back to MDACC because I believe I could learn so much from the RD's. I have reached out to several and attempted to find information on why MDACC is not currently accepting interns. Hopefully I will hear back from the director of Clinical Nutrition and have some light shed on my chances.

No comments:

Post a Comment